Objectives, description, directive
Project Engineer with a warranty of quality – tailoring the course offer of the Lublin University of Technology to the requirements of the European labor market is realized from January 15, 2014 to June 30, 2015. This project leads the Lublin University of Technology together with the University of Žilina, Slovakia (UZ).
The main objective of the project is to enhance the quality of education by the implementation of development programme of the Lublin University of Technology tailored to the requirements of the Knowledge Economy by adapting Slovak solutions with regard to establishing a model of cooperation between a public university and industries.
Detailed objectives of the project:
- Tailoring the course offer of the Lublin University of Technology to the requirements of the labour market drawing upon experiences of the University of Žilina by the preparation and implementation of a postgraduate course taught in English.
- Enhancing the course offer of the Lublin University of Technology and enriching with practical elements the curricula of the first and second cycle studies in M&MD by the implementation of: new specialization in Mechanical Engineering, a programme of 20 extra curricular classes, student internships and language workshops based on good practices of the University of Žilina.
Description of the different activities:
- Organisation and holding of panels with employers;
- Study visit at UZ;
- Devising and translating a programme of extra curricular classes based on UZ experiences;
- Preparation of a new specialization taught in English based on experiences of UZ;
- Implementation of a programme of extra curricular classes – workshops taught in English for the full-time first cycle studies;
- ME Inviting Days – lectures at LUT by visiting professors from UZ;
- English for specific purposes language training;
- Recruitment of students and organization of student internships with companies in Slovakia;
- Conducting extra curricular classes for ME students and LUT academic staff;
Preparation and launch of a new postgraduate course in Virtual Prototyping taught in English using the blended-learning method.